Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 5–It Is Music To My Ears

Day 5ADay 5B

HHBL and I like music. Who doesn’t. We have long been collectors of different forms of music.

Some of us (me) have a more eclectic taste in music. It is not uncommon for my playlists to contain a mixture of genre’s and songs. Pink’s Raise Your Glass might segue into Rachmaninoff’s Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini  (part two and part three. You  HAVE to listen to both. This is just sublime music) which might then lead to a spirited rendition of Dooley by The Dillards moving on to Showtunes. HHBL just shakes his head. If you think MY playlists are eclectic you should see the ones for Shoe Queen and Cartoon Girl!

But I digress. Music will do that to me. Cartoon Girl and I often exchange lines from musicals over Facebook. Last week it was various lines from You Did It  from My Fair Lady.

No one ever said that we were normal.

We have A LOT of CDs. Boxes and boxes and boxes of them. The pictures above are just a small portion. I found these in a box in a closet. And they are going bye bye. I have made sure that they are in my itunes (thank you Steve Jobs) and backed up to Carbonite. I know that the progeny have digitized what they wanted of these.

The problem for us has been what to do with the CDs. Do we have to keep them forever? Both HHBL and I have the ability to plug our ipod/iphones into the sound systems of our cars so we don’t need CDs there. And we don’t even have a CD player in the house I think. We have decided that they are something that we do not need to take with us when we go to the next residence. Hopefully over the winter we will be going through the other boxes and making sure that all the music is in itunes. And then the rest of the CDs will be making a journey to the library. They aren’t going to know what to do with all of those boxes!

So into the bag of items that will be donated to the library they have gone. A bag that is stored in the garage along with the ever growing pile of things to be donated.

A pile that is now slightly smaller as I am actually donating the Art Table to a friend. I know that she will put it to good use. And maybe I can visit occasionally.

1 comment:

  1. Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini - My absolutely favorite piece of classical music ever.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. And I want to know if you have been inspired to clean out and if so what is going out the door never to return. Leave me a comment below and tell me what you are doing.