Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 14–Tea Anyone?

Everyone knows that I appreciate a good cup of coffee….or three.

And that every morning, whether I want to or not, I write a little “Elixir of Life” poem. I can’t seem to get off that train. People look for them and when they are late I get Facebook messages and tweets. But we are not here to talk about coffee, even as I sip some of the delicious brew.

We are here to talk about tea. Specifically tea boxes.

Did you even know that tea used to come in boxes and not those little tea bags. Well it did, and still does for that matter.

There was a time when I did not drink coffee. Not a drop. Not a sip. I know it is hard to believe but it is true. I drank hot tea instead. Hot tea with sugar and milk. Growing up it was skim milk {{{shudder}}} but now it is whole milk. And of course because I DRANK tea I must also have a collection of tea boxes.

Doesn’t everyone?

Day 14A

I collected them here and there, never paying more than $2 for any of them. They aren’t of great value. I actually tried to sell a bunch of them at a garage sale several years ago, priced reasonably. They all decided to stay with me despite my pleading with people to take them home. So now I am forcefully ejecting them.

I have “culled the tea box herd” so to speak. I have kept several of my favorites and have actually put them to work holding………loose leaf tea.

What a surprise!!!

And the rest of the tea boxes.

Bye bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. And I want to know if you have been inspired to clean out and if so what is going out the door never to return. Leave me a comment below and tell me what you are doing.