Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 16–A Bunch of Miscellaneous Junk

You know we all have them. The junk drawer. The junk box. The junk closet.

And in those places there are all the odd and strange items that clutter up our lives. The things don’t really have a place but we don’t yet have the heart to say…

Bye Bye.

Or we just didn’t realize they were there.

Today is a collection of such items.

Day 16A

Wow, now that is an exciting group of things. Be still my beating heart. And it really isn’t a large number of things but every little bit counts.

If I can develop an entire post around cleaning out Post-it notes then I should have no problem here.

The white basket was something I used for a long time to hold plastic silverware when we would entertain in the summer. But I have another “system” now and this thing has been hanging around the pantry for several years so….

Bye bye.

The Tricky Fingers game was something that the progeny played with, briefly, when they were little. It has followed us on our moves. And no, I am not going to keep it for when the grandchildren arrive. I will buy something else when that time comes.

Bye Bye

I am not sure why I purchased a box of fabric crayons. They have never been used and the project that they might have been attached to has long exited my ever cluttered cranium.

Bye bye

Now the bandanas are sort of nostalgic. I have had those since I was pregnant with Cartoon Girl. I think I knotted them and wore them around my neck. I am sure there is a picture of it somewhere. When I find it I am sure that it will be included in a Pictures From The Crypt.

Bye bye.

The Bosco Salt Codfish box I have had forever. Most likely I purchased it at the local flea market at The Cottage. I used to store things in it. What things I do not remember. It has been in the basement for a long time, unused, unloved. And so…….

Bye Bye.

Have a great weekend everyone. Clean out a drawer. Go through your shoes. Throw out or donate something.

You will feel better for it.

1 comment:

  1. Today I got rid of several boxes of expired Zatarain's. Compost heap for the rice and recycling for the packaging.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. And I want to know if you have been inspired to clean out and if so what is going out the door never to return. Leave me a comment below and tell me what you are doing.