Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 11–But I Am Sure I Can Fix That!

I have absolutely no idea where this next item came from. Or for that matter when it arrived here at Chez Knit.

Day 11C

A chair. A red chair which is good. But also a broken chair. At one point I had the piece that was broken off I think. But I am not too sure about that.  I am sure that I had visions of wood glue and repairs.

That never happened.

Day 11B

It is well and truly broken.

Once upon a time a bear sat upon it. Way up high on top of the shelving in the Family Room. It was blank space up there and something needed to fill it up so I put a silk plant and this chair with a bear sitting upon it up there.

And there it sat for a bunch of years.

Day 11A

As you can see I didn’t get up there at all much to dust.

And then Joyce the Stager arrived, took one look at the poor bedraggled plant, the chair and the bear and said…

That ensemble surely does not go with the felling that I am trying to impart to your home. I can use that plant somewhere…after you dust it….but the bear and the chair have to go.

And so down to the bowels of the basement it went. Being moved from one place to another. Languishing in all it’s dustiness. The bear that went with the chair is in the box of bears to be donated. And I haven’t missed either one.

So…..

Bye Bye.

Have a great weekend everyone. Clean out a closet. Go through a drawer.

You will feel so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. And I want to know if you have been inspired to clean out and if so what is going out the door never to return. Leave me a comment below and tell me what you are doing.