Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 10–Tool Hoarder?

Tools. Who doesn’t love tools.

I mean the kind of tools that you build things with and fix things with. Sheesh! Get your minds out of the gutter.

As I was saying. I come from a long line of people who love a well crafted screwdriver or hammer or nail gun. I don’t have a nail gun but I think I would like one someday. I have a circular saw. I have two cordless drills. I have an electric drill. I have all sorts of tools. I have seven hammers.

That one still confuses me because I have no idea how I amassed seven hammers.

But I decided recently to clean out and clean up my tool space. And some things had to go.

Day 10A

I used to store them in this nifty container on wheels. Only this thing was really a pain in the bahookie.  Too heavy, too bulky, too clunky, too whatever. And so I am saying bye bye to it.

Day 10B

I am not a tool belt kind of girl. Unless HHBL is wearing it that is. And if he was wearing that AND one of his suits along with the starched white shirt and that fab pink tie.

Lord. Have. Mercy.

Ummmmmmm, where was I? Oh yes, tools.

I already have a pair of wire clippers and I have TWO other containers of drill bits just like this one and I have NO idea what those bolts are for. They came home with me when I cleaned out a former work space at one of HHBL’s companies. Bye, bye.

Day 10D

A girl really only needs one pair of tin snips. I already have a much nicer pair….of tin snips. And the drill bits….I have a boat load of those in every size. Bye, bye.

Day 10C

I have no idea why I would ever have purchased, let alone needed, 15 toggle bolts. 15!!!! What was I thinking of hanging from the ceiling? Bye, bye.

I feel so much better now.

And I am keeping all the hammers than you very much. A girl can never have too many hammers.

1 comment:

  1. "I'd rather be a hammer than a nail. Yes I would. If I only could,I surely would."

    El Condor Pasa Simon & Garfunkel circa 1970

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. And I want to know if you have been inspired to clean out and if so what is going out the door never to return. Leave me a comment below and tell me what you are doing.