Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 28-Everyone Has One

Everyone has one. Don’t deny it, you know you do.

Everyone has…..a junk drawer.

Day 28BDay 28CDay 28D

I happen to have two that reside in the laundry room. I have a feeling that is where many junk utility drawers can be found. It seems a natural hiding storage place for these sorts of things.

I will admit that I regularly clean out my “storage” drawers. An orderly storage drawer points to an orderly mind?

Or not.

But for some reason I had overlooked these beauties until today. It was part rearranging and organizing. And it was also looking through and discarding and scratching my head in wonder.

Day 28F

A nice but a bit rusty Master lock. And if I only had the key to go with it then it might be useful. But the key is no where to be found. I think this is the lock that I used on the storage unit we rented the year that we built Chez Knit. But I cannot be positive. I am fairly certain that it hasn’t been used since about then. Bye bye Master lock.

Day 28E

I have duplicates of the tools and I have no idea what that bottom piece of metal is. Anyone have any guesses?

Day 28H

Yes, I know that I am going to want these at some point in the future. But they have been unused for the 11 years that we have lived here, residing all of that time in the back recesses of the drawer. So they are getting the boot. When the time comes and I find that I want them I will just spend some time castigating myself for my shortsightedness. Until then…..bye bye.

Day 28I

The tube is hard as a rock. Therefore I have concluded that it might be time to throw it out.

Day 28A

A mismatched assortment of pieces of plastic, keys with no home, push pins and other assorted junk. Hmmmmm, I see a piece from the Battleship game. I had better pull that out.

Day 28K

Stuff. It is the little pieces of detritus that I find so interesting. One foam earpiece from a long ago headphone set. One small pink clip.

Day 28J

And last but not least. Some of the cupboard knobs that I replaced when we gave a cosmetic lift to Chez Knit. I actually sold all the cabinet door handles on Craigs List. These just didn’t sell and I am tired of shuffling them from one dark corner to another so….

Bye bye.

Oh the drawers look so clean and organized. Doing my happy dance now.

It evidently doesn’t take much to make me happy does it.

1 comment:

  1. Of COURSE I have a junk drawer. And also several junk piles and junk corners. I clean them out about every.... every other.... well, maybe every three years. And for weeks afterward, it makes me happy. I don't know why I don't do it more often.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. And I want to know if you have been inspired to clean out and if so what is going out the door never to return. Leave me a comment below and tell me what you are doing.