Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 27-Not The Sharpest Blade in the Drawer

We all have them. Lurking in a drawer in the kitchen. 


Dull knives.

I had Shoe Queen’s friend Abby here today demonstrating Cutco Knives. Do you know about these. They are the most completely fabulous knives in the entire world.

I have three.

I want more.

It isn’t happening any time soon. They are a tetch on the expensive side.

But after Abby left I felt the need to look through my knife drawer and at least pare (get it PARE) down a few of the knives in there. Some of them are still “on the bubble” as far as whether I will keep them or not. They never get used but I let some of them stay for a bit.

They begged and I was feeling generous.

Day 27A
These fellows did not make the cut. I know it doesn’t look like a very big amount to have cleaned out but this represents about half of the paring knives/utility knives that I have. But I don’t use any of them as they are dull or not very good quality or just plain old. And so I have carefully wrapped them and put them in a box labeled “knives” and put them out with the rest of the donation stuff.

Ahhhhhhh that feels better.

1 comment:

  1. It's only the not wanting homeland security at my door thing that's keeping me from begging you for those knives. I say that, yet I have my good knives that I'd never part with and are in the kitchen cringing at the thought of my bringing in any sub-par sharp thingys. ::sigh:: still...the tug is there.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. And I want to know if you have been inspired to clean out and if so what is going out the door never to return. Leave me a comment below and tell me what you are doing.