Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 24-Bingo! Yahtzee!

We like to play games here at Chez Knit.

Or at least some of us do. And I am not pointing fingers at the person who doesn’t like them.

Today I have cleaned out the game closet in the basement.

It used to be the game/puzzle/dress up clothes/sleeping bag closet. And it always seemed like it was a mess and you could barely get the door closed kind of closet. But now it is nice and neat and clean.

The dress up clothes are long gone thank goodness. They had lived long and happy lives.

The sleeping bags still reside in the closet. They like it there.

Day 24B

These are what I am eliminating from the game repertoire. Jenga goes because basically I hate that game. I have no idea what “Oodles” was. “Guess Who?” is geared for much younger children than I have as is “Scotland Yard”. We haven’t played “Racko” in a long time and the “Bingo” game was pretty boring.

There is also a very well used “Twister” game minus the box which long ago fell into ruin and was discarded. I don’t remember the progeny playing all that much Twister. I think it was really more fighting about who was on what spot.

I have no idea where the straw cowboy hat came from but it was thrown onto the pile for good measure.

Do not fear good reader that I have eliminated everything. Monopoly is still there. Boggle, various Trivial Pursuit games, Yahtzee!, Uno, the Backgammon game, Clue, Battleship (my personal favorite). They are all still there.

And boy do we have a bunch of puzzles that we need to do. I may bring one out for the Thanksgiving extravaganza that is being planned.

And while I was cleaning out the closet I found something that I had been looking for and thought was lost.

Day 24A

My Authors card game! AND Famous Battles of the Civil War card game.

No really I was looking for them. These are ones that I played as a child. In fact, these particular games are replacements for the ones that went somewhere long ago. I had to search long and hard over the internet to find them and they are staying.

1 comment:

  1. Well, whoever it is in your house that's anti-game, they have a sympathizer over here. I'll keep score, but I hate to play them. Of course, now that there's a Dudette, I do. Hours and hours of Chutes and Ladders, Strawberry Shortcake game and my personal non-favorite, Monopoly. Oooh, ahhhh.

    FYI, Doug, the history degreed one with a focus on the Civil War, says if you ever get rid of that Civil War card game. . .

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. And I want to know if you have been inspired to clean out and if so what is going out the door never to return. Leave me a comment below and tell me what you are doing.