Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 21-These Shoes are Made For Walking

I am not my daughter, Shoe Queen. She earned her name by hard work and the studious application of time and effort, and very little money, to acquire a vast collection of shoes.

She took a trunk full, yes a trunk, of shoes back to college this fall. Tall, flat, boots, tennis shoes, straps, sandals. You name it, she has it.

I am not so overloaded with shoes. And yet, I find that I still have more than I need or wear. I am, these days, a clog person most of the time. In the summer it is flip flops and sandals. In the colder weather it is clogs.

Why clogs you ask? Are you from Holland?

No, I knit socks. And you cannot see the hand knit socks if they are stuffed into shoes.

But I digress.

I have been cleaning out the shoes that I do have. Deciding what I really wear and walking the rest out to the donation pile. If they are not worn then they should not stay.

Day 21B

OK, somehow I ended up with three pair of tennis shoes. I am not sure how I managed it. I will fess up that I intended to donate both pair that you see in the picture. But I decided to keep one pair back.

HEY! We all fall off the wagon occasionally.

Day 21C

These babies have gotten a bunch of use. I don’t even remember where I purchased them or when. But they now have a problem……

Day 21E

You may not think the fact that they have come unglued on the underside is a problem but it is. Oh it is. They are unstable when I shuffle along and debris tends to get stuck in them. These, in fact, have gone into the trash.

Day 21A

I do not know what I was thinking. Let’s leave it at that.

Day 21F

I have tried to the best of my ability to make these PseudoCrocs work for me. Somehow I purchased a size that was too small for me unless I am wearing them barefoot. I cannot wear them with any kind of socks. And so I have made the painful decision to let them go.

But do not fear!!!

Day 21D

I have kept the lined, pink camo PseudoCrocs.

I know my daughters were worried about that. These are their favorites after all.

1 comment:

  1. why do I suspect that your final comment is a bit sarcastic? :-) why don't our children appreciate our fashion savvy?

    perhaps because it is nonexistent. (or at least mine is.)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. And I want to know if you have been inspired to clean out and if so what is going out the door never to return. Leave me a comment below and tell me what you are doing.