Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Did You Miss Me??? Otherwise Known as Day 36

Well! I certainly didn’t intend to take a good portion of the month of December off. I had cleaning out plans. Great and weighty plans.

And most of them came to absolutely nada.

I only have so many hours in the day. So many minutes in my life. And the month of December were filled with parties. And then more parties. And then Christmas. And family. And friends. And cookies, oh so many cookies. But no snow…..at least not until today.

Can I clean out the snow?

But I am back now and gearing up for more clean out.

As proof of this I offer you my small clean out for today.

IMG_5418

You may not think this is a very big offering but believe me it is. It is the first step in breaking my addiction to pottery and dishes.

Good golly it is about time!

I am sure that there will be more pottery to come as I work in the dish cupboards.

That I even have multiple dish cupboards should tell you about the problem.

Sigh.

And to those who have let me know that you are starting the year out with clean outs, my joy is overflowing!!! Jen and Bonnie and all…..

You go girls!!!

5 comments:

  1. One box picked up by Purple Heart this morning. Two bags waiting to go to the library as soon as I get new tires on the car. Bag of hand me downs to a classmate of Matthew's going tomorrow. Today's the 3rd, right? That's a batch a day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb you have inspired me to start my own "Clean Out". I always want to do it all in one weekend...but I needed inspiration to do a little bit at a time - that's all I have time to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the dish addiction--- me, too. Mom was here over the holidays and she packed up nine boxes of china and pottery. None of that included the every day stuff which is in cabinets in the kitchen. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I steadily toss things into one of two boxes...one for the Goodwill...one for the hospital auxiliary thrift shop. Why two? If I toss a doo-dad gift from one of my kids towards the thrift shop they might see it and buy it again, thinking Gramma needs another one of these! But they'll never retrieve it from the Goodwill. There is method to my madness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! You have totally inspired me. I've caught the cleanout bug.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. And I want to know if you have been inspired to clean out and if so what is going out the door never to return. Leave me a comment below and tell me what you are doing.