Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 37- And The Pottery Just Keeps on Comin’

I think I have mentioned before that I have a pottery problem.

A dishes dilemma.

I ask myself daily the age old question….

How many dishes does any one person need in her life?

And the answer always is, Not as many as you think.

I cling to my pottery/dishes like I cling to my gray hair. Tenaciously. Like a bulldog with a nice meaty bone.

But even a bulldog has to drop that bone at some point.

This is what is being shipped out.

Day 37B

Sorry for the unfocused nature of the picture. That is because it is not focused. In case you missed it. This is a bowl that came as a Hostess gift several years ago at the
Annual Steal-a-thon Ornament Exchange. I have used it off and on but I have other things that work better and so…..bye bye.

Day 37F

This has been used in the past as a butter dish. We keep our butter out on the counter so that it is ready at a moments notice to be slathered on toast. But the problem with this little dish is that it has no top and is therefore open to the air…and vulnerable to rapacious dog lips. Remember this little incident…..

So I have decided that we will stick with the butter dishes that have a lid. It is safer that way.

Day 37DYes, yes I know this is Pampered Chef stuff and I know it is great. But I haven’t used it for any reason at all in about 3 years. And I think I can say that if I haven’t used it in three years then I am not going to use it so it goes….bye bye.

Day 37GDay 37H copyThis beauty belonged to Grandma Amsler I believe. I have used it in the past but frankly I am tired of cutting a finger on the severely chipped handle every time I cook with it. It is a small size and that was a plus but I am tired of putting money into band aides.

Day 37AAnd finally. Hope, these bowls belong with the set of white dishes that I gave you. Do you want them? If so then you can have them. I am not sure how they missed getting into the box of dishes but they did.

My dish cupboards feel lighter.

1 comment:

  1. I have this discussion with Linda a lot (actually we have it about most of the other things you are cleaning out too - in fact, I am generally avoiding most of your cleaning entries because I know that I've been there, done that and will just keep yelling "AMEN" when I read them). But back to the bowls - we have so many stray pieces that we picked up somewhere or got as hostess gifts or whatever. I have a whole box of early married junky stuff that is too nasty to donate so I am saving it to use for target practice when we move to the country!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. And I want to know if you have been inspired to clean out and if so what is going out the door never to return. Leave me a comment below and tell me what you are doing.