Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 40-Mr. Hammond, The Christmas Decorations are Down

Well, I have finally gotten the Christmas decorations stowed away in their assigned boxes. All the boxes are IN the basement but not back in the correct portion of the basement. That will happen tomorrow….

I hope.

But I have cleaned out the Christmas decorations, culling an entire box of things that we no longer put up, that are old and worn out, and that I never liked.

I was going to spend endless hours today photographing each one of the items and telling you about them.

And then I put on my big girl panties and decided that that idea was just too obsessively organized even for me…which is saying something.

IMG_5472A

Trust me it is a big box. I think I herniated a disc in my back lifting it up onto the counter so that I could get a good picture for the 3 of you who stop by here. And now I have to lift it off the counter and put it into the garage. Or better yet I will put it directly into Coco and take it to AmVets on Friday!

I have also made the decision to make life easier when decorating and to stick to one color of lights….clear.

IMG_5471A

I have eliminated most of my stings of colored lights over the years but there were three strands left, hiding in the bottom of the “lights bin”. I found them despite their efforts to hide. They are getting the heave ho as well.

Ahhhhhhh, it is nice to have my house back to it’s usual self.

1 comment:

  1. I have reduced my decos to one green/red rubbermaid. I have a second rubbermaid that holds a nativity set I made in ceramics class and which I thought would be a family heirloom. Ahhh, we have our dreams. Since I now use a smaller nativity set, that box is going to go. After I double check for any priceless mementoes hiding therein. All of this does not count my smallish tree that goes back to the basement still dripping with trimmings and covered by a large garbage bag. Takes me 5 minutes to set it up and 5 more to take it down. Summary? I am downsized to one tote and one smallish tree.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. And I want to know if you have been inspired to clean out and if so what is going out the door never to return. Leave me a comment below and tell me what you are doing.