Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 44-

The winter days grind slowly here at Chez Knit. The snow comes. The rain arrives and melts all the snow.

I continue to clean things out.

Day 44C

It may not look like much but all of these little items have been clogging up my winter wear basket. And so they must go to new and better homes where they will be appreciated.

The fuzzy little thing on the bottom is actually a scarf that I rescued from the parking lot at Wally Mart. It was all wet and bedraggled so I brought it home, washed it and it is as good as new.

Only it is fuzzy. And a shade of green that makes me look like a zombie on the set of The Walking Dead.

Then there is the fleece scarf and gloves. The scarf is too short and not as warm as my hand knit wool scarves. The gloves are DEFINITELY not as warm as my mittens. And those multi stripped mittens that are hiding in the pile?

What the heck was I thinking. There are actually TWO pair of them which makes me think that either I purchased them for the progeny. OR I inadvertently purchased them twice. I am not sure which thought is worse.

Day 44B

The other things that are going bye bye are my old knitted dish rags. I lovelovelove my cotton dish rags.

Did I tell you that I love them?

But these are getting a bit ratty. You can’t really see it on the picture but they have seen better days. So they are getting the gentle heave ho too.

But never fear….

Day 44A

I have knit a whole bunch of new ones AND managed to use up my stash of cotton yarn. Killing two birds with one stone.

I love it when these kinds of things turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. And I want to know if you have been inspired to clean out and if so what is going out the door never to return. Leave me a comment below and tell me what you are doing.