Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 45-A Bit of This, A Bit of That

Today is a mish mash of things. I was going to stretch them out to multiple days but really I don’t need to do that. I have PLENTY of things to cover the rest of the days that this particular period of cleaning out will encompass.

PLENTY.OF.THINGS.

So today you just get a mish mash of things.

IMG_5517

This box isn’t even my stuff. It is a box that is full of things that Shoe Queen is getting rid of. When we were preparing to put Chez Knit on the market a couple of years ago Shoe Queen had to clean out and put away things that were in her closet and in a wardrobe that sits in her room. She just sort of stuffed misc things into the boxes and I toted them to the basement and there they have sat for the last several years. But when she was home at Christmas time she went through the boxes, discarding some things, keeping others. This is the box of things that are being donated.

Thank goodness I found the totally good and working ipod Classic before I donated the box!! That was a very good afternoon.

IMG_5520

Sorry the picture is a tad blurry. That is just sort of what my life is like some days. This little beauty used to sit on the counter with fruit in it. We have found that if we keep fruit on the counter we tend to grab that for a snack rather than something less healthy.

But this thing really is rather massively tall. I don’t even remember where I found it. But I have been using a different fruit holder that is a little less “statuesque” so I am culling this one from the herd.

 IMG_5518

Again with the blurry pictures! One would think that I wasn’t a photographer.

Yes, this is a box. A wooden box. I used to have a lot of these. I had them screwed to the wall of a guest bathroom at the last house. They had loads of tchatchke in them that gathered dust and looked country.

What was I thinking?

Most of the boxes are long gone and this one has been hanging around in the basement gathering dust down there. So it has gone bye bye.

Ahhhhhhh. I feel better.

5 comments:

  1. Have I told you lately how I love coming here for a good laugh of the day!
    Prob'ly because you remind me of me. roflol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poor tall fruit basket thingy had to sit there right next to its replacement as you announced its departure? That's just cold.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. And I want to know if you have been inspired to clean out and if so what is going out the door never to return. Leave me a comment below and tell me what you are doing.