Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 34-Mugging It Up

Mugs. I have a problem with mugs. I have a weakness for mugs. I have mugs that have saying on them. I have mugs that have pictures on them. I have mugs that have come home from far away places.

Who could ever forget
IMG_7118

The Tumbling Bears Mug

Oh don’t they look so HAPPY!!!

Of course I am not going to get rid of THAT particular mug. It stays with me forever.

But there are other mugs that are getting their walking papers. Some of them are basic mugs that companies have given us as a “thank you”. Companies that do this PLEASE stop. They are cluttering up my cupboards.

And then there are a few mugs that I have purchased on trips here and there. Most of those I am keeping as they get regular use. But there was one….

One big mug…..

One gigantic mug…..

Day 34

The Gigantic Mexican Mug of Un-usability

The picture doesn’t convey to you the size of this thing. And I just have to ask myself why I purchased it. I think, and this is only a theory because I can’t actually remember, that I must have had some leftover pesos and needed to use them up in the airport before flying back to the USA. That is the only possible explanation for the purchase of a mug that is gigantic in proportion and isn’t very good for coffee and definitely cannot be put in the microwave or through the dishwasher.

Pretty to look at, impractical to use.

So I will say Adios Mugmigo!

1 comment:

  1. And I'm sure, as with the post-its, there are many mugs from drug companies heading out the door? I saw the 'tumbling' bears and wondered about that. My whole world view would have been shaken had it been banished.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. And I want to know if you have been inspired to clean out and if so what is going out the door never to return. Leave me a comment below and tell me what you are doing.