Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 35-Angels We Have Heard

The house is finally decorated. The tree is finally up. And I have been busy cleaning out Christmas decorations that no longer are used.

The first to go are these.

Day 35

I know, I know. I am horrible for giving the angels to boot. I hang my head in shame.

But they are still going in the donate pile.

The angels that are standing I purchased somewhere, in some shop, some time ago. I cannot remember a thing about the purchase and I don’t really like them all that much. They have never really played well with the other angels over the years. And so, because of my ambivalent feelings towards them, they must go.

The pile of egg angels in the front are ones that I made many years ago when the progeny were little. I spent many hours doing crafts because it was either that or dig a big hole in the back yard and bury the little ankle biters up to their necks. These angels were actually a project that I taught at a crafting workshop at church. I have a bunch more but these fellows have not fared all that well. I could glue the wings back on but there are other problems with them. Eggs are not generally flat on the bottom and do not sit up well. I sanded the bottoms of these when I made them to help them be a bit more stable. These angels evidently didn’t get the memo. And I am tired of taping their little eggy angel bottoms to the table.

So they get to go

Bye Bye.

1 comment:

I love comments. And I want to know if you have been inspired to clean out and if so what is going out the door never to return. Leave me a comment below and tell me what you are doing.